I am doing this new thing where I combine my usual Stacking the Shelves and The Sunday Post into Weekly Bursts. It just seems neater that way! I've been doing a lot of stuff for the blog recently. I've been trying to promote it more, taking note of stats, improving the look of it (subtle stuff) etc. I even created an Instagram account: @burstingbooks! I will be adding more photos to it so do check it out, I will be following back all book-ish instagram accounts! I also managed to post everyday this week, I didn't even realise until I started compiling this post :D I also just scheduled my first ever discussion post that will be up tomorrow (Sunday) so do drop by and check it out!
I was also in a serious reading slump this week. I didn't read for 5 whole days :O After the hardcore week-long read-a-thon I just couldn't bring myself to read. I am glad to say that I am no longer in a slump though! I am back to reading 219203 books at once ;) By the way, there are only 5 days left to enter my international giveaway!
What happened this week in pictures:
top left: Visited one of my favourite public libraries at Bugis while waiting for my boyfriend to have dinner.
top right: I won a limited edition(?) personalised (with my name and year of birth!) Trailblazing Spirit totebag to celebrate SG50/Singapore's 50th birthday! It was a random twitter giveaway \O/
bottom: I made this from scratch! A good friend gave me a terrarium for my birthday last year but the plants have died since then so I cleaned out the entire thing and planted some fresh new plants :D It looks pretty good for someone who doesn't even know what she is doing eh?
click the covers to go to its Goodreads page
An Ember in the Ashes: Hype train! Choo Choo!
Trouble: I've seen quite a few people talking about this and being a fan of 16 & Pregnant and Teen Mom, I had to borrow this from the library! :P
Not Forgetting the Whale: LOOK AT THIS COVER!!! Saw this on the 'New Arrivals' shelf and I feel in love with the cover. #instaloveftw I hope the book is as good as the cover!
Something Real: Also, as mentioned, huge fan of reality tv = gotta read this (i think)
Angelfall: I THINK I read this in 2012 but somehow didn't rate it on Goodreads and I can't seem to remember anything about it but I want to finish the series, therefore I am reading it (again).
LAST WEEK ON THE BLOG
- Review: A Court of Thorns and Roses by S. J. Mass
- Top Ten Tuesday #8: Top TV Shows Part 1
- Read-a-thon: Bout of Books & #CrushyourTBR Wrap Up
- Waiting on Wednesday #11
- Review: Prisoner of Night and Fog by Anne Blankman
- Feature & Follow Friday #11
- Stacking the Shelves #18 & The Sunday Post #15
UPCOMING WEEK ON THE BLOG
- Random Bursts: Do you feel pressured to read the book(s) that everyone else is reading?
- Review: Gone Girl by Gillian Flynn
- Top Ten Tuesday #9: Top TV Shows Part 2
- Review: Chew Volume #1 & #2
- Feature & Follow Friday #12
- Weekly Bursts #2
OTHER BOOK-ISH STUFF
- JK Rowling wins apology and damages from Daily Mail
- A History of Human Rights Abuses in Fairytales
- When you just aren't feeling an ARC - by AsteriskPearl
- What makes a good blog design? - by LilyBloomBlogs
Share your StS or Sunday Posts with me in the comments below!