1 March 2015

The Sunday Post #5 & February Wrap Up

The Sunday Post is a weekly meme hosted by Kimba @ Caffeinated Book Reviewer. It’s a chance to share News. A post to recap the past week, showcase books and things we have received and share news about what is coming up for the week on our blog.

You can read a little about my life update and take a look at my haul this week if you head over to my Stacking the Shelves post posted yesterday! :)




LAST WEEK ON THE BLOG

THIS WEEK ON THE BLOG

  • Review: Unravel Me by Tahereh Mafi
  • Top Ten Tuesday #3
  • Waiting on Wednesday #5
  • Review: Explorer: The Mystery Boxes by Kibuishi Kazu
  • Feature & Follow Friday #4
  • Stacking the Shelves #9 & The Sunday Post #6
  • Review: The Final Empire by Brandon Sanderson

I READ 13 BOOKS THIS MONTH

Total: 5 Full Length Novels, 2 Novellas, 5 Graphic Novels, 1 DNF
In reading order:
Favourite book: Unravel Me, loved everything about it. Reviewing this next week! :)
Best Cover: The Final Empire, loved the art style and the minimal use of colours. It looks so classy and unlike the typical high fantasy covers :)
Wish I did not Read: Seeker! Yes this was my DNF of the month, I just did not have the patience to get through it. Check out my review here.
Most Surprising: Maus I & II, I did not expect to love it as much as I did and to learn so much about history and war through a graphic novel. Highly recommend this duology!
Giggles: Explorer: The Mystery Boxes, a few short stories in there got me giggling in the library :P The stories were genius, had beautiful art and entertaining!

2015 CHALLENGES UPDATE


The goal is to track the number of pages you read and hit your goal for the year. (Hosted by: Avanti Ciera)
My goal: Diamond 8,001-10,000 pages

January + February: 6,928 Pages

I actually read more this month! I will probably increase my goal next month if I continue reading at this rate :)



The goal is to read a book of each letter of the alphabet. (Hosted by: Escape with Dolly Cass)

10/26 Complete!


Various points are awarded for reading and completing a series.
(Hosted by: Novel Heartbeat and Writer Grrl Reads)
My Goal: 50 points

February:
  • Novellas: Destroy Me, Fracture Me (2 points)
  • Sequels: Unravel Me (2 points)
Grand total: 9 points



The goal is to read a certain number of fantasy books in 2015.
(Hosted by: Alexa Loves Books & Hello, Chelly)
My Goal: 20 fantasy books

February: 7
Current progress: 12/20

Probably going to increase this goal next month too!



MARCH TBR

The Walls Around Us: For review!
The Well of Ascension: Really enjoyed The Final Empire and I can't wait to see how the story unfolds :)
The Ocean at the End of the Lane: I need to read a Neil Gaiman book.
Red Queen: So many people love this and I can't wait to check it out too!

Share links to you Wrap Up or Sunday Posts in the comments below and I will take a look! :)
Feel free to add me on Twitter, Goodreads or follow my blog via bloglovin' or GFC!

4 comments:

  1. I have an ARC of Seeker and the early review do not make me want to tackle it at ALL!

    Have a great week.

    Terri M., the Director
    Second Run Reviews

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are not the only one that has DNF Seeker, seemed like it could have been such a good book.

    Have a great week and Happy Reading!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I passed on Seeker. Just didn't quite grab me. Some of your other books look good though. Way to go on reading so many books!

    My Sunday Post - http://fuonlyknew.com/2015/03/01/whats-new-on-my-bookshelf-99-and-the-sunday-post/

    ReplyDelete
  4. It looks like you had a pretty good reading month! We Were Liars is one of my favorites and I'm glad to see that you loved Unravel Me. I definitely need to catch up on the Shatter Me series. I've only read the first book and that was back when it came out! I'm reading The Walls Around Us too this month so I hope we both love it! :)
    Krystianna @ Downright Dystopian

    ReplyDelete