14 February 2015

Stacking the Shelves #6 & The Sunday Post #3

Stacking The Shelves by Tynga's Reviews is all about sharing the books you are adding to your shelves, may it be physical or virtual. This means you can include books you buy in physical store or online, books you borrow from friends or the library, review books, gifts and of course ebooks!

The Sunday Post is a weekly meme hosted by Kimba @ Caffeinated Book Reviewer. It’s a chance to share News. A post to recap the past week, showcase books and things we have received and share news about what is coming up for the week on our blog.

LIFE UPDATE:

FIRST UP, HAPPY VALENTINE'S DAY EVERYONE!
I am going to be spending some time with my boyfriend today, we don't have much planned other than to chill by the poolside later tonight! What are your plans?

School was pretty crazy last week and I just didn't have any energy left to do much reading/blogging after school. I was a sad sad girl :( BUT THEN, my Book Depository packages FINALLY arrived on Wednesday night and my Amazon delivery arrived the very next day!

It was my first time ordering from both of the websites and I have to say that Amazon's shipping speed, book quality and price is so much better. If you are living outside of the USA/UK I would highly recommend that you go with Amazon IF you are purchasing enough for free international shipping. I combined my order with my friend's so that we could get free shipping! Anyway, I would probably make a more detailed post on my experience/opinion in a future post for my fellow international bookworms! :)

In other news, I did not do very well for the Love for Books Readathon during the week but I am still going to finish strong and try to read as much as I can!

Also, I would probably be pretty inactive next week because of an amazing holiday: Chinese New Year/Lunar New Year and celebrations start from Wednesday. It is basically a holiday where the Chinese do house visits and pay their respects to their elders and the young'uns get red packets with $$$ in it :D (DO I HEAR MORE BOOKS?) I won't go into extreme detail about this holiday in this post but I will probably share a few photos in the future! :)

Lastly, I would like to thank everyone that has been leaving comments on my blog posts and/or following the blog and on twitter. It is really encouraging and I am really enjoying the book community!

Connect with me -> TWITTER ACCOUNT! I am looking for more bookish friends, any takers? :D

BOX SET:

Percy Jackson and the Olympians: I forgot to take a photo of just the box set on its own but here is an image from the Scholastic store. I got this from Amazon at only USD$26, what a steal for 5 books! I can't wait to start on this series :)

GRAPHIC NOVELS/COMICS:

So I might have gone a little crazy. But now my Amulet collection is complete! :P

       
Saga #2: This came at a perfect time, I just finished Saga #1 yesterday and WOW it is amazing! I need to read this sequel asap. Also, the art is a.m.a.z.i.n.g.
Fables: Legends in Exile: This is the first book in a series. I've always loved classic fables and this sounds so good! It would be interesting to see the characters in a different setting. This was recommended to me by a friend!
Amulet: The Cloud Searchers: See below.

       
Amulet: The Cloud Searchers, The Last Council, Prince of the Elves & Escape from Lucien: These are books 4-6 of the series. I already have books 1 & 2 and now that I have the whole set I can marathon them! :) Also, they look gorgeous on my shelf!

PAPERBACKS:

   
UnbrokenI seem to get a book on World War II every week. Unbroken has been made into a movie and my boyfriend and I wanted to read the book before we checked out the movie! I am really looking forward to this, it sounds so good!
The Storied Life of A.J.Fikery: Saw many great reviews on this and its a story of a bookstore! <3 If you look to the right of the cover, the hardback cover of the book is displayed in the bookstore. This is simply genius :)
The Martian: This is another book-turned-movie! The movie will be out on 25th November 2015 and I am hoping to read this before the movie is out :) I love love love books that are set in space~
The Final Empire: This is the first book in the Mistborn series and I can't wait to dive into it. I've heard so many great things about it and its ratings on Goodreads is so good! I really really hope this lives up to the hype!

   
Ready Player One:Let me tell you a secret: I am a crazy gamer during the holidays so this book really appealed to me! Sci-fi, Dystopia & Gaming all rolled into one, sounds like a formula to a successful book if you ask me :P
Ender's Game: Another book with Sci-fi, Dystopia & Gaming elements, count me in! Also, its another book-turned-movie. I've never seen this movie before and I will rectify that after I finish this book!
The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo & The Girl who Played with Fire: I have always wanted to try this series out and I managed to get both of them on the same day, at different secondhand book booths around school. What a luck day! Sadly, they have mismatched covers. I really like the typography ones!

LAST WEEK ON THE BLOG

THIS WEEK ON THE BLOG

  • (DNF) Review: Seeker by Arwen Elys Dayton
  • Top Ten Tuesday #2 (February 17th)
  • Waiting on Wednesday #3 (February 18th)
  • Review: Shatter Me by Tahereh Mafi
  • Feature & Follow Friday #3 (February 20th)
  • Stacking the Shelves #7 & The Sunday Post #4 (February 14th)
  • Review: Seconds: A Graphic Novel


Do check out my reviews or my blog in general and leave a comment or follow me if you enjoy my content! I am also looking for any constructive feedback regarding the blog, so do let me know if I should improve on anything. Thank you!! P.S. Let me know if you followed me so that I can follow back!

Leave a comment if you have read any of the books and let me know your thoughts on it! :) Also, feel free to leave links to your STS or Sunday Post in your comments.

29 comments:

  1. If my fiance sees that you got Amulet, he will steal them lol and wow, what a great stackof books, especially that box set :D Enjoy your goodies! And we can talk on Twitter! I'm @gengenbookblog :D
    Check out my STS.
    Genesis @ GenGen's Book Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :P My boyfriend is all over it! Thanks you! :)
      Yes we should!

      Thanks for dropping by!

      Delete
  2. I'm so jealous of that Percy Jackson boxed set!!:D I'll definitely need to add it to my collection soon...even though I already own the whole series.And I've been meaning to start the Saga graphic novels since ages ago but I still haven't gotten around to buying them.Hope you enjoy your books! Happy Reading!

    Elena @ Book Lady's Reviews

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahah you should! As a gift to yourself for whatever reason you can come up with :P You need to give Saga a go, its sooo good! :) Happy read to you too!

      Thanks for dropping by!

      Delete
  3. I just finished reading Unbroken. It was sooo good! Now I'm anxious to see the movie!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahhh, I can't wait to read it so I can catch the movie too!

      Thanks for dropping by :)

      Delete
  4. Great haul this week. I have heard AMAZING things about Ready Player One, I really want to read that one myself. I hope you enjoy them all :) Here's my STS.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes same here! That would probably be next on my TBR. :)

      Thanks for dropping by! :)

      Delete
  5. Awesome haul! Ready Player One is one of my all time favorite books, because I love gaming too. The adventure and action is just so amazing and I loved the world that Cline created. I hope you enjoy it just as much as I did. :)
    Krystianna @ Downright Dystopian

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow you make it sound so good! I hope so too :)

      Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  6. Great haul. I am wanting to read The Martian too. Enjoy your holiday!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have not read a Graphic Novel yet, however I do see a lot of people reading them, I would love for my son to get into them since I think he would enjoy them better than a regular book :)

    Enjoy your Holiday!

    Have a great week! Happy Reading! <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your son would love them! I would recommend Maus I and II, its a non-fiction graphic novel about the holocaust (very educational but fun at the same time!)

      Thanks for dropping by!

      Delete
  8. Woha that's quite a haul! I got mine also this week but didn't have time to post all the pictures. Anyhow I need to see with my friend so we order from Amazon too, as yeah they really have cheaper books. But back to the point! Happy Valentine's and I hope you'll have a great day and also I cannot wait to see pics from New Years!

    Thanks for stopping by :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I absolutely love Saga. I just read volume 4. I keep meaning to try Fables but I haven't gotten to it yet. Happy reading!

    Tsuki’s STS

    ReplyDelete
  10. Kinda jealous of the box set. My brother used to get the Percy Jackson books for his birthday every year, and we'd fight over reading them first (I'm the faster reader so I usually won), but we haven't done that since the original 4 or so (ie, I left for college), so I stopped reading them. I really need to get back into my Riordan!

    ~ Liza @ Classy Cat Books

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Fights with brothers are the best memories eh? :P I can't wait to start on it!!

      Thanks for dropping by! :)

      Delete
  11. Parts of Unbroken were filmed where I live here in Australia. I'd be interested to watch that show too. I hope you enjoy the book and equally the movie.
    Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow that's really cool! :) Thanks for the tidbit and for dropping by!

      Delete
  12. The Martian and REady Player One are two books I really want to read! I forgot about the Amulet series, I should get those for the students in my library. Great haul!
    Check out my STS

    ReplyDelete
  13. Can I just say that you take gorgeous photographs? I never noticed that about AJ Fikry and thank you so much for pointing this out. You have so many awesome books in your haul and I could go on and on about Ready Player One and Girl W/ The Dragon Tat. Enjoy!
    -Jon from Bookish Antics!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thank you so much, you're so kind :)

      Thanks for dropping by!

      Delete
  14. I do prefer shopping at Amazon - I haven't actually tried BookDepository, but even with international shipping, the Amazon purchase always ends up cheaper. I'm not sure they do free shipping for where I live though, is it for all countries or just some? A guide on that would be really cool.
    I love the Percy Jackson series and have also enjoyed Saga and Amulet (I only read up to #3 on those series though). I'm also really interested in those other books you hauled - mainly The Martian, The Storied Life of A.J.Fikery, and The Final Empire. Hope you enjoy them.
    I also started following you on Bloglovin - your blog looks really nice. If you wanna follow me, I'm at http://brunawrites.tumblr.com
    Have a great week! xD

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just checked and its only for Singapore, Brazil and Costa Rica ($5 flat-rate for shipping). Do you happen to live in those countries? Thank you so much for following, I will check out your blog!

      Delete
  15. Great haul! Graphic novels are always awesome. Ender's Game and a couple others are on my TBR or to-read lists. And I love you Percy Jackson box set. I still need to read the books at some point. I have the first one waiting on my shelves even. I hope you enjoy all these. Happy Reading!
    Here’s my STS.

    ReplyDelete